Clearance products 50% off for a limited time only! Shop clearance!
What is Your New Employee Saying?
As a new hire, I know a thing or two about onboarding. The idea of starting my new job held both fear and excitement. On the first day, I walked through the doors with a confident smile and butterflies in my stomach.
Thankfully, one of the things that—surprisingly—made me feel the most at home was my ID badge.
Hold up. An ID badge?! Why?
Well, let me tell you.
1. I felt that they cared about me. They didn’t overlook the little things. When companies forget to do this, it has an impact. No new hire wants to walk around the office that first week wearing a visitor tag when they are trying to meet people.
2. I felt secure. When companies give out ID badges, it means they administer some sort of security system. And security systems mean safety within the office. Good people are let in, bad people are kept out. This made me feel valued and protected as a new employee.
3. I felt like part of the team. An ID badge is something that is branded to reflect the company it’s for. In receiving an ID badge, I felt like I “owned” a piece of the pie, which made me want to engage long-term.
4. I had something to show for my first day of work. Likely, you filled out a bunch of tax forms, set up your desk, and met quite a few people. An ID badge is something tangible you can bring home to show people where you work and give them an idea of the company you work for. I was proud to pull out my badge to answer people’s questions about how my first day at my new job went.
5. I felt self-sufficient. In receiving an ID badge, I knew that I had access to the building whenever I wanted. Now, I’m not a morning person, but I knew that if I wanted to come into work early, I could. I didn’t have to wait for the administrative assistant or office manager to get into the office before I could get to work. It gave me the freedom to come and go as I please, rather than feeling like my time was limited to the hours everyone else is in the office.
Kick Start Your ID Badge Program
With onboarding becoming even more important in today’s work culture to improve retention and overall morale, your ID badges need to be taken to the next level. Do you have the right system for your needs?
Printing professional ID badges really doesn’t get any simpler than this. We have the ID card printers and ID card systems you need to customize and ramp up your badge program. You’ll be up and running in just about 15 minutes.
Want to learn more? Request an ID Maker® System information pack today!
You must be logged in to write a comment. Log In