Clearance products 50% off for a limited time only! Shop clearance!
How to Start a Successful ID Program
If you are seriously considering implementing an employee identification program, do you even know where to start?! There are likely numerous questions floating around in your head and little guidance. Good thing you found this post because we’re about to spell it out so well your mama could do it. Here is a good to-do list:
1. Compile quotes and do your research – basically you’re going to need an ID Card Printer System. Which is made up of a printer, camera, card design software and consumables like ribbon (ink) and blank cards. You can buy any of these items at numerous online retailers but the real difference is the support the retailer will give you after you purchase.
2. Read the fine print – Printers don’t fix themselves and nobody has time to figure that out. Make sure your vendor isn’t going to charge you extra for help and training. That adds up and no one likes surprise charges.
3. Buying a printer system may seem expensive but it’ll last a long time. The math comes out to about $0.69 per card. That’s much easier to swallow.
4. Again, don’t buy a printer system without a dedicated tech team backing it up. You’ll regret it.
5. Designing you ID card is fun but software is often not very user friendly. If you can, get a free trial of the software before you buy it. You can try our ID Maker Software if you want, we hear it's awesome.
Now here is an extremely satisfying gif of us checking off
your to do list. Take your time and enjoy.
Seriously though, our goal is to make your workplace safer and your job easier. So sit back relax and take the credit at the end of the day.
Our team of dedicated ID Specialist help you think through all the important questions before you buy so you get exactly what you need. Not too much, not too little.
What will the card be used for?
Will you be printing on both sides of the card or just one?
What security features will you need?
Things like that.
If you want to know everything about making a killer ID Program download our eBook: How to Start an Effective ID Program. We've compiled everything you need to know in order to start a successful identification program and put it all in one spot for you to reference.
ID cards should be solving a problem, not making more. Take a look and call us with any remaining questions. We’d love it if you chose IDville as your provider, and honestly, we do a much better job than your other options but even if we aren't your choice, we want to help along the way.
The key take-away (are you paying attention):
Pay close attention to the hidden fees like software training and tech support. Learn more about this and other key nuggets in our beginner eBook.
You must be logged in to write a comment. Log In